Date : Thursday, 02 April 2020
Time : 15.00 – 16.30 Malaysian Time (GMT+8) or 9:00 – 10.30 a.m. CEST
Topic : Circular Economy: Sharing Experiences and Best Practices
Language : English
On the concerted effort to pursue sustainable urban development, circular economy grows to be an attractive alternative to our current environmentally-destructive economy model of making-using-disposing. It is a model which involves sharing, leasing, reusing, repairing, refurbishing and recycling existing materials and products as long as possible. This directly addresses the issue of waste management and ultimately, could significantly reduce the grave environmental impacts of our current production and consumption pattern.
The online discussion will provide a space for local authorities and audiences to share experiences and rack up ideas on how to make a city to be more circular. It will be held on Thursday, 02 April 2020 at 15.00 – 16.30 Malaysian Time (GMT+8) or 9:00 – 10.30 a.m. CEST.
- Initial introduction to the concept of Circular Economy – IUC Asia
- Best Practices on Renewable/Alternative Energy – Adrian Lasimbang, Senator, Malaysian Parliament
- Circular Economy: Waste Cooking Oil (WCO), Biodegradable/Compostable Plastic Bag, and Food Container – Mohd Hafizam Mustaffa, Manager (Operations), Melaka Green Technology Corporation
- Circular Economy as Framework for Low Carbon Industrial Port City: The case of Pengerang – Chau Loon Wai, Co-Director, UTM-Low Carbon Asia Research Centre
- Waste to Energy (WtE) in Iskandar, Malaysia – Boyd D Joeman, Senior Vice President/Lead, Resilient Environment, Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA)
- Smart Bin Community: Circulating Domestic Wastes in Muar – Muhammad Ali Tukiman, Head, Building Department, Muar Municipal Council
- Recycling Initiatives in Penampang – Freddy Ekol, Councilor, Penampang District Council
- Circular Economy Activities of the Metropolitan City of Bologna – Marino Cavallo, Metropolitan City of Bologna
- Circular Economy Activities of Manchester – Manchester Representative (*TBC)
- Discussion and wrap up
To participate, you can register yourself at: https://bit.ly/39yAgSZ
Please contact Dini (email@example.com) from IUC Asia HelpDesk if you have questions or you need further assistance.